Saturday, March 22, 2008

california, here we come.

So I am new at this whole blogging thing. I thought I would give it a try... it could be fun, right?

I will be leaving for california with my friend in just a few days. It will be good to get away, to relax and just think. It will be refreshing. I looked up the meaning of the word refreshing. It means to give new vigor or spirit to; to fill up again. That is what I hope will become of our little adventure to the west coast. Sometimes we need to get away for a while in order for this to happen. I deperately need to be refreshed; filled up, again.

But why do I need this again? Was I not filled up enough the first time? Maybe I was, but I have poured part of me out. Or, quite possibly, I have been filling myself up with things that were not meant to refresh a person. Am I so ignorant to think that the things of this world could give me a new spirit? Or that people - mere human beings like myself - could possibly be perfect enough to fill up my life?

This is something I have realized over and over again. And I will continue to forget, causing myself to remember for another time.


At the church I attend, we sing these lyrics:
the desert blooms
HE MAKES ALL THINGS NEW
all things new.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Bahaha. You should see how you are linked on my blog...

muahaha.

Julie said...

dude, mal.

in so many ways your post relates with me!

a. He makes all things new. i think that's the theme of my 2008. i hope your trip replenishes you.

b. i want a refresh from my trip to arkansas!

you're awesome. so good to have hung out with you this sunday!


jules

ps. maybe i'll make another post? it's been quite awhile...

Anonymous said...

California...

I want to watch the O.C. with all the ol' gang this summer.

Last semester I watched all four seasons MINUS THE LAST FOUR EPISODES!

I've been a bit panic stricken ever since. Let's change that.

KeithMont said...

Hey Mallory!
I just recently started too! Sometimes it seems a bit lame, but sometimes its therapeutic. Or self-insightful. Anyways, good luck with it.
-Keith

Sarah said...

A bard is a poet who recounts epics...

what the %#&^%&^%%&^%&$ does that have to do with having arrows?

I love you. Let's talk soon.